ASLI is the Association of Sign Language Interpreters in the United Kingdom. Established in 1987,
- to promote the raising and maintenance of standards in interpreting
- to encourage training and other initiatives
- to provide information for interpreters and consumers
- to promote research into areas of relevance to interpreters or interpreting services
- to advise and cooperate with others interested in sign language interpreting
ASLI is a membership organisation that encourages members to maintain and enhance their practice by offering opportunities for continuous professional development (CPD). We can also put interpreters in touch with a pool of mentors who have undertaken training specifically developed for those working in our field.
We regularly hold stimulating and informative conferences that attract presenters and delegates from around the globe.
For information about the registration body please see the National Registers of Communication Professionals working with Deaf and Deafblind People (NRCPD). They have a complaints procedure should you not be satisfied with service provided by an interpreter. In the first instance feedback should be provided directly to the interpreter then employer or agency.