- This event has passed.
Clive Mason – Medical Terminology Training
August 11 - August 12£100.00
CA PART 3 – MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY TRAINING WITH CLIVE MASON
August Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th 2018
10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Have you ever found yourself in a medical setting where you have struggled to create an effective rendition in BSL? We will demonstrate and discuss productive lexicon and strategies that you can use to interpret complex medical concepts visually.
The course covers major areas of medical terminology useful for interpreters:
- Interpreting anatomical descriptions
- Common symptoms and conditions.
- How and where to articulate sensitive information.
- Ways to deal with it in interpreting and translation.
- Learning outcomes
On successful completion participants will:
- be able to develop techniques of dealing with more specialised terms
- be able to incorporate productive lexicon for medical settings.
- be aware of the linguistic and cultural differences between English and BSL and take that into account when translating or interpreting.
- Any etiquette
CPD: 6 Structured Points – Certificates will be provided.
Tea and coffee provided. Please bring you own lunch.
Course Cost: £100 per day – workshop open to both RSLIs and TSLIs
There will be a member discount to be applied – yet to be confirmed. Those who have paid the full £120 per day will receive the discount once the amount has been determined.