ASLI, the Association of Sign Language Interpreters in the United Kingdom was established in 1987, to provide professional discussion on all issues related to sign language interpreting and the provision of interpreting service. From the beginning our aims have been simple; to encourage good practice in sign language interpreting and to support our fellow professionals.
Over the years we have sought to achieve this by:
• Providing a forum for professional discussion on all issues relating to sign language interpreting and the provision of interpreting services
• Promoting the raising and maintenance of standards in interpreting
• Encouraging training and other initiatives
• Providing information for interpreters and consumers
• Promoting research into areas of relevance to interpreters or interpreting services
• Advising and cooperating with others interested in sign language interpreting
ASLI is encouraging good practice, and supporting our fellow professionals by:
Living Options Devon, Units 3-4 Cranmere Court, Lustleigh Close, Matford Business Park, Exeter, EX2 8PW. Free parking and accessible building.
Manchester Deaf Centre Crawford House, Booth Street East, Manchester M13 9GH.
Reading Venue TBC